|Voting District||Location of Polling Place|
|1||Town Hall – 8 Community Ave. Plainfield, CT 06374|
|2||Ctrl Village Fire Dept. Black Hill Rd., Ctrl Village|
|3||Moosup Fire Dept., So. Main St., Moosup|
|4||Atwood Hose Fire Dept., Route 205 , Wauregan|
The Electors of the Town of Plainfield are hereby warned to meet at their respective polling places in said town on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, for the following purposes:
To cast their votes for First Selectman; two Selectmen; Town Clerk; Tax Collector; two Board of Finance (Full Term); one Board of Finance (To Fill a Vacancy for Four Years); one Board of Finance (Alternate – Full Term); two Board of Education (Full Term); one Board of Education (To Fill Vacancy for Two Years); two Board of Assessment Appeals; two Planning & Zoning Commission (Full Term); one Planning & Zoning Commission (Alternate – Full Term); one Zoning Board of Appeals (Full Term); ); one Zoning Board of Appeals (Alternate – To Fill Vacancy for Two Years); one Zoning Board of Appeals (Alternate – Full Term); two Police Commissioners (Full Term).
And to cast their votes for the following Charter Revision questions:
1) Shall the date of the annual town meeting be changed to take place after the audit report is finished, but no later than the end of February
2) Shall the percentage of eligible electors casting ballots at a Referendum be changed from 25% to 10%?
3) Shall the approval or rejection of the Capital Budget be presented, like the Town Government and Education budget, as a separate question at the Town Budget Meeting and the Annual Town Budget Referendum?
4) Shall the dollar amount of non-budgeted appropriations be updated from $10,000 to $50,000 minimum, and from $50,000 to $100,000 maximum, before a town meeting is needed?
5) Shall the minimum dollar amount for shared grants be increased from $10,000 to $50,000 before a town meeting is needed?
6) Shall the Board of Finance increase from 6 regular members to 7?
7) Shall the appointment to a position of financial gain be modified to include steps, in-laws, and domestic partners?
Notice is hereby given that the location of the polling places is as follows:
VOTING DISTRICT LOCATION of POLLING PLACES
- 1 and 1a Town Hall, 8 Community Ave., Plainfield
- Village Fire Dept., Black Hill Rd., Central Village
- Moosup Fire Dept., So. Main Street, Moosup
- Atwood Hose Fire Dept., Route 205, Wauregan
Optical scan voting machines will be used. The polls will be opened at six o’clock in the morning (6:00 a.m.) and will remain open until eight o’clock in the evening (8:00 p.m.).
Dated at Plainfield, Connecticut, this 12th Day of October, 2021
Barbi J. Gardiner, Town Clerk
Town of Plainfield
The Plainfield Town Clerk’s Office conducts a wide range of services including, but not limited to, recording land and vital records as well as issuing an assortment of licenses and permits including Dog licenses, Sportsman’s licenses & permits, Marriage licenses, Vendor permits, Liquor permits and Trade Name certificates. The Town Clerk administers the oath of office to all elected and appointed members of local boards and commissions. All notices of all local government bodies are posted in the Clerk’s Office as well as the minutes of these meetings.
Voting District Map
Wondering which voting district you are in? Check out this voting district map.
Online Voter Registration
You may use this system to (1) register to vote in Connecticut, (2) change your name and/or address on your current registration record, or (3) enroll in a political party or change party enrollment (changing parties may result in losing rights in all parties for three months).
Voter Registration Lookup
Use our voter lookup tool to check your current voter registration status.
HOURS & INFO
8 Community Ave. Plainfield, CT 06374
(860) 230-3010Hours may be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Monday - Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Send General Inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Town Clerk
Assistant Town Clerk