- CT Advance: AdvanceCT is a nonprofit organization that works to engage, retain and recruit businesses and advance overall economic competitiveness in Connecticut. In collaboration with the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD), AdvanceCT strives to build a place where business, government, higher education, and nonprofits come together to implement high impact and inclusive economic development solutions for the state.
- Community Economic Development Fund: The Community Economic Development Fund provides loans to Connecticut small business owners, primarily in low-to-moderate income communities, who are not able to obtain traditional bank financing.
- Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS): In 2018, the Northeastern Connecticut Council of Governments (NECCOG) collaborated with Plainfield, and 15 other towns to developed a 2018-2023 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) for submission to the US Economic Development Administration.
- Connecticut Business & Industry Association: CBIA is the leading voice for business in the state, representing thousands of member companies, small and large, across a diverse range of industries. We fight to make Connecticut a top state for business, jobs, and economic growth: driving change, shaping legislative and regulatory policy, and promoting collaboration between the private and public sectors.
- Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development: The Department of Economic and Community Development develops and implements strategies to attract and retain businesses and jobs, revitalize neighborhoods and communities, ensure quality housing, and foster appropriate development in Connecticut's towns and cities.
- Connecticut Innovations: CI is Connecticut’s strategic venture capital arm and is the leading source of financing and ongoing support for innovative, growing companies. By offering equity investments, strategic guidance and introductions to valuable partners, we enable promising businesses to thrive.
- Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection License Info Center: CDCP portal providing information regarding business licensing.
- CONNSTEP, Connecticut’s Manufacturing Resource Center: The mission of CONNSTEP is to help Connecticut small and medium-sized manufacturers and other businesses reach their goals by strengthening their strategic, technical, and operational expertise, thereby supporting the growth of Connecticut’s economy. CONNSTEP delivers everything you need to improve your manufacturing business. We're the first place to look whether you want to implement a Lean Manufacturing program, get your ISO certification, or explore innovative ways to grow your manufacturing business.
- Connecticut Community Investment Corporation: Connecticut Community Investment Corporation (CTCIC) is a non-profit economic development lender who provides small business owners with access to financing and support. In addition, they provides financing opportunities for expanding businesses looking to purchase real estate and/or machinery and equipment.
- Connecticut Office of Brownfield Remediation and Development: The Office of Brownfield Remediation and Development (OBRD) is a one-stop resource for brownfield redevelopment in Connecticut, providing financial and technical assistance to municipalities and economic development agencies as well as brownfield owners and potential developers. The mission of OBRD is to return brownfield sites across the state to productive re-use, including mixed-use, residential, commercial, industrial, retail and open space uses.
- Connecticut Small Business Development Center (CTSBDC): Connecticut Small Business Development Center’s trained and experienced full-time advisors work with a variety of small businesses in all industries and stages of development by providing no-cost advisory services.
- Eastern Connecticut Regional Tourism District: The Eastern Regional Tourism District is a non-profit, publicly-funded organization dedicated to the sustained growth of the tourism industry in eastern Connecticut.
- Eastern Connecticut Workforce Investment Board (EWIB): The Eastern Connecticut Workforce Investment Board (EWIB) is a non-profit agency mandated through the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014. The EWIB oversees a network of workforce-related programs funded from a variety of sources including the operations of the region's American Job Centers.
- Northeast Connecticut Economic Alliance: The Northeast CT Economic Alliance, Inc. is a regional non-profit 501(c)3 economic development corporation that uniquely serves small businesses in northeast Connecticut by providing loans to new and existing businesses primarily unable to obtain funding from traditional lending sources.
- Northeast District Department of Health: Whether you have questions about health programs, communicable diseases, water quality, food protection, environmental programs, or emergency preparedness, we have answers!
- Small Business Authority: The SBA helps Americans start, build, and grow businesses through loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses.
- The Last Green Valley: As caretakers, TLGV connects people with the abundant and diverse natural, historical and cultural resources within eastern Connecticut and south-central Massachusetts. We advocate to sustain our region’s legacy for future generations.
- Tourism - State: Residents, potential residents, businesses in Connecticut, and those considering Connecticut for their next location should all know that this state offers what we believe is the nation's best quality of life and most nurturing business environment. Check out the YBIC site to learn about doing business, living, working, and playing in Connecticut.
- Women's Business Development Center: Women’s Business Development Council is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing the tools and resources to help women thrive in business. We believe that when desire, education, and preparation come together, opportunities are created, ideas are ignited, and economies are expanded.